Hop Away Bunny, It's LIMA BEAN APPRECIATION DAY!
(that warrants all caps)
The lowly legume is the butt of many jokes, but we are noticing lima bean love is rising in the cooking blogosphere. Although many hide it behind pretty names like butterbean and fava bean, it'll always be known as the lima bean here at the studio (no comment from the founders if they actually like limas though).
So, get your Birdseye on, grab a box or can o' and celebrate the lima in your kitchen tonight. Give one of these a whirl:
- Pasta with Fava (ahem, limas) and Sausages via smittenkitchen
- Sweet Potato and Lima Bean Soup via thekitchn
- New York Times recipe compendium Who Says You Can't Love Lima Beans? (preach it NYT)
- Lima Bean and Lobster Pot Pie via Emeril
- Cod and Lima Beans via Giada
- It wouldn't be a recipe list without including Martha. Succotash, the suffering casserole nobody really wants to eat.